RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday 24th August 2020
6 pm Ryde Golf Club
Present: Sue Harrison, Steve Tutt, Darren Baxter, Maurice Briggs, Lee Cawley, Mick Timms, Sue Cox.
Apologies: Matt Barnicoat, Marian Johnson, Aidie Adams
Approval of Minutes: Minutes of meeting 27/7/2020 approved
Removal of unofficial FB page- This cannot be removed as we do not have access as an administrator, however an official FB page linked to the website has been created and will be the most likely page which comes up if Ryde Golf Club is searched.
Cleaning routine – Sue H has provided a checklist to follow to ensure all cleaning activities are completed.
Oven Cleaning- completed with the deep clean of the kitchen
New software system- new system installed and training has been completed by some. Further training planned.
R & A Grant application- application submitted outcome awaited
Plan for Course maintenance & expenditure- With MB for discussion with greenkeepers and completion
Gates along Lady’s Walk- Council have been contacted and resolution awaited
Weekly meetings are held with Darren on Monday mornings which are proving useful.
Disposal of used batteries in one of the locker rooms- John Blow was to be approached by Darren, to see if he could help with this- outcome awaited.
Discussion held about the feasibility of having an EGM for new Articles of Association before the AGM. Discussed restricted numbers, use of postal and proxy votes to enable this to happen.
Decided to hold EGM at beginning of November 2020. This will allow sufficient time ahead of the AGM on 12/12/20.
AP SH & MT to ensure that notice goes out to all members as numbers will be limited any questions will need to be submitted 2weeks in advance of meeting date.
Members to be reminded to maintain social distancing both inside and outside on the patio area.
Update from the golf committee meeting- training session held on the use of Intelligent golf system, involving several of the committee took place 18/8/20 with more sessions to follow.
Calum is inviting Terry Riddett to review the standard scratch for the white, yellow and red courses and to discuss the stroke index currently being used and whether they should be changed to agree more closely with what is recommended by CONGU.
Concern about driving from the 4th tee directly to the green from the front of the tee, since the tee has been widened. It was recognised that this problem was not restricted to the fourth tee and it was up to the golfers to ensure the green was clear before playing if this was their intention.
The Centenary Salver competition has been cancelled until next year as we cannot ensure the safety of all under Covid 19 regulations.
- The bank balance as at 20th Aug is £63,000
- We now owe members £51,500. £6k was repaid in Aug 2020, £2.1k is due in Sept 2020, £9k is due to mature in Oct 2020 the balance has been reinvested. The break-even budget includes paying back £15k.
- Recent one off outgoings in the Budget :
- Glass Washer – Capital Equipment
- BBQ £400 – Capital Equipment
- Deep clean £350 – Catering repairs
- 2ND Hand Electric Buggy -£750 contribution to S.White
- Recent one off outgoings not specifically in the budget are :-
- Fuel storage – £250
- Printer – £100
- Major Income lines from July 20 Budget £10.7k , Actual Income £14.7k
- Bar & Food Prices – agreed to hold current prices and review again 1st Oct 2020
R&A GRANT – Applied for on 30th July result expected w/c 24th August.
MEMBERS LOANS vs INTEREST FREE LOANS – Ongoing
ST provided a copy of this year’s budget plan. MB is aware of the budget allocated for the course/machinery.
Issues with the recent delivery of sand/seed is being followed up by Doug, but may delay planned work starting on the greens.
New accounting system is being looked into, as this may be more effective but no plans to change at this stage as there is still outstanding accounting (approx. 4 months) and it would not be appropriate to move to a new system. Possibly plan to change Jan/Feb 2021, which will also allow time to research best option.
Providers for all services are being reviewed to ensure we have the most cost effective for our needs.
The new till is internet based so a good internet speed is essential to ensure that it works effectively.
Course Report: MB was not available, however he advised that he has planned a meeting with Doug to complete the strategic plan for the course with costing for the year.
AP MB to provide completed plan
Deep clean has been completed, advised High clean will be required next time.
New Fryers have been delivered and P Moreton has kindly completed all wiring.
New lock for cellar door required.
AP LC to source.
Discussion held about need to have dedicated cleaning time- investigate options, employ 2 part time cleaners/use cleaning company.
AP DB to investigate costing.
Agreed that we need to have a 3rd catering/bar person to ensure that we have sufficient cover for sickness and leave. Both positions to be advertised.
DB to increase office hours from 8-2 Mon to Thurs as we have a shortfall in office support and this will also support catering staff .It was agreed that this would help us to determine exactly what we need going forward.
Extended opening hours have increased revenue.
Health & Safety: Most items are ongoing. Discussions are continuing with Developers alongside the 3rd fairway.
Petrol store is required to ensure petrol is stored safely.
John Thorp thinks it is only one branch that needs removal on the Ash tree near the 1st green.
AP SH to inform MB
Supervision has taken place with Arran. Training needs have been identified. First aid course has been booked and Arran will look into courses for chainsaw & knapsack spraying. Will discuss with MB and check with ST for finance costs before committing to booking. Advised that this should be done with normal working hours so will need to discuss with Doug to minimise impact on course.
Discussed pay: Arran needs to ensure that weekend work time is taken in lieu during the following week. He also needs to be fully trained to use all mowers. This to be done by Doug but recognise that this impacts on day to day activities so an additional 6 hours to be paid for each to allow specific training time. Target date of 1/10/2020 for completion of this training.
Correspondence/ Comments book
Complimentary email received from a recent visitor praising the course and greens.
New Members: 2 more new members have joined just this week
Office update- The role is taking shape- We will need a club manager to oversee all areas.
Work towards having a full job description and advertise to have someone in place for 1/4/2021
Date of next meeting:
Monday 5/10/2020 at RGC 6 pm