RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Monday 24th April at 6.15pm
PRESENT: S Harrison, R. Green, L Cawley, D Baxter, S Pennycock, S Tutt, T McInnes, P Ball. R Green, C Mc Innes
APOLOGIES: D Hardiman, Maurice Briggs
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: added D Baxter to apologies
S Ellsbury withdrawn as next vice-captain. S Tutt has been asked and S Pennycock is a potential replacement for finance director. Steve P would need to be co-opted by the board.
Steve P gave a brief overview of his career to demonstrate his appropriateness for the role.
- Steve Tutt will be co-opted as vice-captain.
Visit from Richard Arnold (Hants golf secretary). All members with a handicap and CDH number will get a county card which gives discount at other participating clubs.
TM suggests only for afternoons. Bookings with discount must be made on the phone.
Gate at the bottom has been fixed.
Work on the 8th still to be done, netting behind the 2nd completed. Thanks to DH and PM.
Rose with 3 others painted the ladies changing room, still looking for tiles.
Finance Report 24th April 2023
The Bank balance as at 20 th April is £70k
Members Loans update – 12k not now paid back in Mar 2023, £18k in 23/24
budgeted to pay back, leaving £18k to pay back 24/25.
22/23 Accounts in progress
VAT registration accepted backdated to 1 st April 2022.
23/24 Membership and Subscription prices updated, emails sent, approx £98k
received to date.
Wages Increases proposed – Bar & Food Price Increase 5% from 1 st May to
New proposal for Green Fees to be agreed.
23/24 Draft Budget to be reviewed , currently break even , or do we want to
go ahead with re-investing 50% of previous two years profit so budget a loss
OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
Andy Butler renewal / additional scope to be discussed (TM)
3rd Fairway posts / signs completed by Crown Parks – 2nd green netting now
finished, thanks to Duncan , Paul and volunteers for completing. Neighbour has
thanked us for completing.
New bar cellar door now fitted & Fire Exit door fixed, kitchen door awaiting
Insurance chased Thurs 13th April, water tank ordered and work starting in two
Office Safe – door has broken so now needs replacing, prices being obtained /
CM asked about subscriptions 20 left, 15 new and 22 not heard from. To be reviewed at next meeting when SO run has gone through a full month.
Very busy time on the course over the last month. We have completed our Spring renovation work before the season starts. This work went well and we all should see the benefit on the greens’ work throughout the summer.
We have ordered a new tank to replace the fire damaged one and will be replacing it in the same position. We have a slight problem with haulage to the Isle of Wight but I have been told that this will be resolved by Monday. We are looking to fit this early May. We can still use the old tank if required but does leek a little so might be a little wet around it but we will send an email out to members to take care in that area.
We are in the process of ordering a new Kushman/truck and have identified one we want from Camphys Machinery. The Greenkeepers are happy with this so I’m just waiting on a price but I’m confident it will fall into the budget given to us. Doug has worked wonders with our existing Kushman and has fixed it for half the price Stubbings wanted so this is now up and running again, so we will have two available each day which lightens the load on these.
TM proposed change to greenkeeping staff.
Discussion followed and it was agreed that options will be presented to Aaran at his review on Weds 26th.
Proposal to bring in new structure on July 1st.
GOLF COMMITTEE REPORT
The key points were discussed. Minutes available.
People have enquired about using the club for events.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Sue to send
CORRESPONDENCE/ COMMENTS BOOK
RG asked can we order jumpers through Golf Club. ST agreed.
Announcement that ST will become vice-captain.
Specific car park spaces by the clubhouse to be put up for auction on Captain’s Day.
3rd hole/damage to houses/ cars DB / TM to liaise
Memo to members reminding them that guests should be paid for.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Weds 7th June 6.15pm