RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday 15th March at 6.15pm
PRESENT: Sue Harrison Steve Tutt, Duncan Hardiman, Rob Blow, Rose Green, Tom McInnes
APOLOGIES: Lee Cawley, Calum McInnes, Maurice Briggs, Darren Baxter
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Agreed and signed
Netting and clips for back of 2nd purchased. Cherry picker needed for working at height. Mr Thomas has been informed of progress
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: Tuesday and Friday 9 hole stablefords. Sue Cox and Ian Snape attended the first part of the golf cttee meeting last Wed and this was discussed at length.
It was decided that . Players would sign a book to play and entry money to be by card. !8 hole cards would be used with the 9 not in play being crossed out with highlighter pen to show it was not to be entered on IG. There would be no preordering and last meal orders would be 8.15. There would be 1 special, different on both days, and a restricted menu.
Action SH to inform Sue
All changes to fixtures to be passed to greenstaff and caterers
Richard Arnold, secretary of Hampshire golf emailed to say he would be visiting the island for 2 days and would like to catch up with all the clubs. SH will arrange for him to visit the club on Thursday 23rd March. Tom and Rose have agreed to meet him.
- The Bank balance as at 14 th March is £16k
- Members Loans update – 12k to pay back in Mar 2023, leaving £24k to pay
back over the years 23/24 & 24/25.
- 22/23 as at the End of Dec 22 was in line with budgeted loss, however poor
January for Income due to weather and higher spend than budgeted, mainly
utilities & new till.
- VAT registration resubmitted, awaiting acceptance.
- 23/24 Membership and Subscription prices updated, emails sent, approx £17k
received to date.
- New Offers increased by circa 7% and new Green Fee charges from 1 st April
to be agreed
- 23/24 Budget in progress
OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
- Andy Butler renewal / additional scope to be discussed (TM)
- 3 rd Fairway posts / signs completed by Crown Parks – netting finish down to
us. Dossier nearing completion of all the issues that the new housing
development has caused us.
- Complaint received from neighbour re netting behind 2 nd Green required, all parts received, cherry picker to order , day to be agreed to fix/complete.
- All works carried out and completed re water supply in toilets and gents toilet
now fixed with thanks to Paul Moreton.
- New quote for fire door, back cellar door and fire exit door on its way.
- Insurance no further update as yet – Quotes sent to Insurers for fire damage,
- approx £11k (excluding M.Hunt buggy which is being settled by his
Insurance), also Greens damage circa £1k.
Greens committee Minutes Tuesday 7th February 12.30pm
Present: Tom McInnes(Chair) John Thorp, Colin McComb, Barry Englefield
Apologies: Julian Warner,Jamie Lee
- To use Type 1 hardcore to define three paths across the course:
- Path between 8th green and 9th tee.
- A path to the left of the pond on the 5th
- A clear path between the gate as you walk off the 6th to the 7/16 put a path which
joins the existing path.
- Take the mat off the 8th red tee and replace with soil and turf.
- Save the Gates and latches but replace the 4 posts by the right of the 1st tee
- To add a new bell (donated by a member) to the bottom of the 6th hole
- To tidy the nets up and surroundings. Bring the two concrete bases up from sheds to put the mats on to stop them from sinking and moving in the wet
- Just behind 7th tee blue mat tidy area with tennis matting to stop getting muddy and
Long term plan
- To set up a sub-committee for the Bunker project and build all bunkers from scratch
using correct drainage and sand. How many we do each year will depend on budget.
- Start putting a machinery plan together so we don’t burn our machinery out until they
are worthless. Upgrade plan to be put in place
GOLF COMMITTEE REPORT:
Draft of last week’s meeting not received
Very successful Quiz night organised by Peter Muscratt and his wife Nicki
A new signing in book for guests is being ordered
HEALTH & SAFETY:
No further contact so far from the insurers and the fire. They have been provided with all the
- The brickwork in the locker room has not moved in the last two months. However, the front
pier is looking worse, so I am now monitoring that also. This pier has a significant lean on it.
- A new door bar has been fitted to the locker room to try and keep the mice out.
- I now have most of the documentation in place and organized in an electronic file on the
second computer in the outer office. Simply, its HSE on the desktop screen. I have
eventually found the disks that I had been looking for from the previous contractors for all
HSE work, but sadly the disks had been left stuck to the shelf and the data was lost. I will
continue developing the system to fit our requirements.
- I will be working with grounds staff to complete the re netting at the back of the 2 nd . This will
be completed as soon as possible. Some work will have to be done from the public side.
- Quotes are awaited for the rear door (to keep vermin out), and the damaged lounge door.
- The first quote for the rear door is circa 600.
- I have a first draft of a proposal for the waste issues which I will bring to the next meeting.
- The left over parts from the ladies new ceiling have been sold off and monies returned to
CORRESPONDENCE/ COMMENTS BOOK
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 19th April at 6.15