RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Monday 17th July at 6.15pm
PRESENT: Calum McInnes , Tom McInnes, Lee Cawley, Duncan Hardiman, Steve Tutt, Rose R.Green, Patricia Ball , Sue Harrison ,
APOLOGIES:S Pennycook, Maurice Briggs
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
Token members, no affiliation.
Tee movement. Open meeting to be held Weds July 26th.
County card – Calum and Maurice dealing with it.
Friday 28th July – New members evening ST, DS, JB
To re-approve the adoption of the following polices
- Equality Diversity and inclusion
- Lone working
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Safeguarding Adults in sport
- Acceptable use of IT
No problem with the general content but the ability to meet some criteria questioned. Documents to be reviewed before adopting. SH/DH
- The Bank balance as at 13th July is £51k (this is £55k lower than at this time last year mainly due to budgeted reinvestments) £6.5k paid for water tank due back from Insurance shortly.
- 22/23 Accounts in with Accountants, some items still to complete
- Some Members loans due back in August, will contact to see if we can delay pay back until March 2024.
- Membership numbers – net 7 down – (Left 49 , New 42)
- 23/24 Budget agreed and adopted at 5th June Exec meeting which shows £10k loss (re-investment).
- 1st Qtr (Apr – June) Bar/Catering & Green Fees/Hire Income Actual £52k, Budget £51k (excludes subs).
- OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
- Andy Butler renewal / additional scope & green staffing levels agreed and enacted
- Insurance – Water tank Invoices submitted to Insurers. Buggy to be fixed w/c Mon 17th July.
- Token membership – rules be decided
- Water pump costs have used up funds for bunker work.
- Arran role seems to be working and Tom in contact with Doug and Arran on a regularly basis.
- All planned work is getting done
- Water pump needs to be replaced. Maybe another 3 weeks
- Presentation about changes to the 3rd green to be held on Weds 26th July.
- Graham Gillam asked about the bell on the 6th/15th fairway, to be reviewed further.
GOLF COMMITTEE REPORT:
Wendy appointed and working really well, particularly during Laura absence
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Nothing to add
CORRESPONDENCE/ COMMENTS BOOK
- From Lyn Brown re trip hazard near main entrance. Dealt with by Duncan
- The need for a walkthrough gap in the fence at the 1st green between the green and the path
- New members to be informed of Vince’s clothing company at the new members evening.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Weds 23rd Augusr