RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Monday 9 th May 2022
6 pm Clubhouse
Present: Mark Johnson, Sue Harrison, Lee Cawley, Jamie Lee, Sue Cox, Tom
McInnes, Darren Baxter, Steve Tutt (video link).
Apologies: Maurice Briggs, Aidie Adams, Tricia Ball,
Approval of minutes of last meeting: minutes approved
Matters Arising: Gap between Golf Committee and Executive Committee
Meetings to be extended to allow minutes to be written.
Conflict of Interest Register presented and signed.
Code of Conduct register presented and signed
Important that the club engages with the Women’s’ charter.
Suggestion that a working party involving all three sections to discuss the
issues involved. SC to arrange.
Greenkeepers to be given courteousy of the course.
In National / County competitions pre-competition visitors to pay guest rate for
a practice round.
Thank you to Calum, Rose, Bob, Tom, Laura, Sacha, Lee,Tyler and Pandora for
a very successful Vice Captains Day.
Players representing the club will not be subsidized for competitions and
Play-more-golf members will get a reduction on a full membership equivalent
to the balance on their PMG if they switch from PMG to full membership.
PMG and Country members will continue to be allowed to play in Monthly
Medals, Monthly Stablefords and casual golf.
The bank balances as at 5 th May are £122k
Buggies replacement net £7.5k for two with p/x, one other on a 3 Year
lease, Delivery week of Monday 23rd May
Members Loans – £36k to be repaid in Aug 2022, extensions will be
sought £12k was included in the budget to pay back, however this is
22/23 Subscriptions reminders being sent to those who have not
amended their SO amounts yet and those who have not yet paid or sent
a note saying they have not re-joined.
OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
Green Fee rates and Categories for 22/23 to be agreed and set
Budget nearing completion, will be sent to Directors before next meeting.
3 rd Fairway netting, emailed again Thurs 5 th May
Roof repair quotes ongoing
Discussion on buggy purchase and buggy use. Possibility of installing a smart
meter to monitor increasing electrical costs. DB to investigate
Half of the profit that has been accumulated over the last two years, will be
reinvested into the club.
Five roof quotes received, discussion about individual quotes was held.
MJ and ST to now make final decision and get start date.
As per the previous meeting and agreed we have arranged for sand to be
ordered to top up the bunkers. The course continues to be in good shape, with
regular feedback that the conditions are significantly better than other courses
on the island as well as feedback from mainland visitors.
We have also looked to secured some further specialist training for Aaron with
Andy Butler and his team. He has offered to take him on site either for days or
weeks at a time depending on what work is going on. I believe this is a great
opportunity for Aaron to gain further understanding of groundwork and will
also provide us with feedback from Andy on how he is progressing. We need
to sort the finer details of this; to ensure we have cover, that Doug is in, if we
need volunteers etc.
Doug is planning to use his annual leave over the next few weeks (TBC today
06/05), if this takes place Aaron will have the opportunity to take ownership of
the course for the next few weeks.
No current plan for Green Committee meeting, whatsapp used for regular
communications of any issues.
DN had offered her resignation. Initially, we will be able to cover using current
staff whilst looking for a replacement. If unsuccessful in the short term then
we will advertise for the hours needed.
Health & Safety:
1, Ongoing issues with regards to the internal lighting to be exchanged with
new light fittings in Kitchen, Office, internal passageway, and men’s changing
rooms. Cost approval depending.
2, The roof quotes are all now in and will be presented to the board for a
3, Internal alarm activation point notices to be placed and displayed for all to
see they are a luminescent type notices 3 in total. Lounge, Kitchen, and Main
4, Small property Fire Risk Assessment to be completed in due course.
Assisted by Mr Darren Bacon ( Fire Officer).
5, Should the board agree, the acceptance of Mr Mark Elliott ( Island Safety
Consultants) as per earlier email but will update for all.
6, The Lifesaving ring has now been relocated and secured to the left-hand
Visitors now allowed to play on Friday afternoon. 18 holes up to 12.50. 9 holes
up to 2.50.
Email regarding club / course dress code.
Phone call from Cross/ Littlewood, will be allowed to book tee times and
Non-members to sign buggy policy to make buggy hire more formal although a
deposit system would be difficult to enforce. MJ to review buggy policy
New Members: 20 new members, 20 leavers in line with budget.
Some members not paid fees yet, some have not increased SO.
April will be asked to come in earlier on 25 th May. Ladies Open Day.