RYDE GOLF CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday 13th February at 6.15
PRESENT: Tricia Ball, Sue Harrison, Rose Green, Tom McInnes Steve Tutt, Lee Cawley, Duncan Hardiman, Maurice Briggs, Calum McInnes
APOLOGIES: Rob Blowers, Darren Baxter
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: approved and signed
club calendar is on the website.
New heating system installed and working well
New ceiling in ladies’ changing room installed. Thanks to Duncan and Rob
- Development plan. This is a first draft and cannot be finalized until membership numbers are clearer in April and therefore moneys available for projects.
- Fire and its implications. Duncan had a very long meeting with a senior fire officer who checked everything very thoroughly: paper work, the actual scene, CCTV coverage. At present nothing can be touched or done until the insurance company is satisfied. A water tank was irretrievably damaged and will need replacing. ActionTom And the greens committee will look at whether it’s position can be moved
- The Bank balance as at 9 th February is £11k
- Members Loans update – 12k to pay back in Mar 2023, leaving £24k to pay
back over the years 23/24 & 24/25.
- 22/23 as at the End of Dec 22 was in line with budgeted loss, however poor
January for Income due to weather and higher spend than budgeted, mainly
utilities & new till.
- VAT registration resubmitted, awaiting acceptance.
- 23/24 Membership and Subscription prices to be agreed , DD option
considered but would prefer to delay changing over until next year , will
discuss reasons at meeting on Mon 13 th Feb. Preferred proposal is total
membership / subscription fee of £695 ( increase of approx. 6.5%) over last
year) , includes £25 for HG,EG, & Insurance, continue to add 5% admin fee
for those paying by Standing Order. New subscription was agreed
- Green Fee charges etc to be reviewed in Feb / Mar
- Budget to be started in Feb / Mar
OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
- 3 rd Fairway posts / signs completed by Crown Parks – netting finish down to
us. Dossier nearing completion of all the issues that the new housing
development has caused us. Complaint received from neighbour re netting
behind 2 nd Green required, netting ordered and delivered. Action Steve to reply to neighbour
- Heating system installed & working well, work to regulate hot water
temperature in toilets carried out 9 th Feb.
- Still awaiting Fire door, also 1 new door required for back entrance to Bar,
quote received, Fire exit door needs fixing, awaiting quote.
- Insurance update – Quotes sent to Insurers for fire damage, approx £11k
(excluding M.Hunt buggy which is being settled by his Insurance), also
Greens damage circa £1k.
- New pipe work installed to ensure the hot water in the changing rooms is set at 45degrees while the water in the kitchen is hotter
To use Type 1 hardcore to define 3 paths across the course. Path between 8th green and 9th tee. A path to the left of the pond on the 5th and a clear path between the gate as you walk off the 6th to the 7/16 put a path which joins the existing path.
Take the mat off the 8th red tee and replace with soil and turf.
Save the Gates and latches but replace the 4 posts by the right of the 1st tee
To add a new bell (donated by a member) to the bottom of the 6th hole
To tidy the nets up and surroundings. Bring the two concrete bases up from sheds to put the mats on to stop them from sinking and moving in the wet
Just behind 7th tee blue mat tidy area with tennis matting to stop getting muddy and untidy
GOLF COMMITTEE REPORT:
A Mr and Mrs night has been organized for 1st April
The kitchen staff have agreed that last orders on Tuesday and Friday stablefords will be 8.15 . Also the club 9 hole cards will be used, not others printed
It was agreed that the second notice board was necessary in the lounge and will replace the mirror
HEALTH & SAFETY: Waste issue
CORRESPONDENCE/ COMMENTS BOOK Letter re the lack of netting behind the 2nd was dealt with
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Wednesday 15th March at 6.15