Preparation of the course for winter
The golf committee have agreed on the following actions to help keep the course playable during the winter period.
- From 1st November the White Tees will be put on the mats, with the option for them to be moved back on to the grass for individual events if the competition secretary deems it necessary and the course condition allowed.
- There will be parts of the course roped off to guide players away from vulnerable areas.
- The 90-degree rule will be in place when course conditions dictate.
- Members are requested not to take trolleys or buggies up the slope to the 7th and 16th greens. If any member feels that for mobility reasons, they need to use a trolley or buggy on this area then they are permitted to do so as long as they keep inside the roped area to the right-hand side of the fairway. (nearest ladies walk).
The committee thanks all members for their cooperation in the above, and hopefully we can keep the course open all winter.
Entry to Mens’ Competitions
We are changing the way we will accept entries to Mens’ Competitions.
After the Arthur Butt Memorial Trophy on Sunday 11 October all entries to Mens’ Competitions will be online only.
Your options are:
- Use your IgMember App to enter and pay.
- Use the Intelligent Golf Site on this website to enter and pay. https://ryde.intelligentgolf.co.uk/
- Call the club between 8am and 2pm and we will enter you and charge the payment to your card.
NB: If you don’t have sufficient funds on your card you can also call the club and we can take a debit card payment to top up your card.
We feel this is a move to a more dynamic and modern way of working. It also enables us to reduce areas of contact and maintain our compliance with Covid-19 regulations.
We are starting junior golf coaching on Saturday 10 October 2.30 to 3.30pm We have two dates to start with – 10th and 24th October. Depending on the interest and the standard we may make this longer and on a more regular basis.
PGA coach Chris Tyson will be leading it.
Numbers are limited, so if you are interested please contact Jim Thorn on 07799 727174 or email him at Jimthorn1@aol.com before Friday 9 October.
With effect from 1st October 2020 the following local rule for Preferred Lies is in operation.
When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
- Limits on Location of Relief Area:
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
As you may be aware we have recently switched over to Intelligentgolf; a platform that helps us to distribute information about competitions throughout the club. It has information about upcoming competitions, past results and handicaps that are easily accessible to all.
At the moment we are continuing to keep the way you enter competitions as it always has been. Please sign up to competitions in the usual way. We want to introduce the ability to enter competitions using the Intelligentgolf platform at some point in the future but want to get more familiar with the system first.
Competition Start Sheets
These will be available on the Intelligentgolf website, which is accessed through the Members tab.
All competition results can be found in the Intelligentgolf website which is accessed through the Members tab.
You can access the site via any of three ways.
i) via the link in the member’s area of the club website.
ii) via the Intelligentgolf website. Copy and paste this URL into your address bar at the top of the page. https://ryde.intelligentgolf.co.uk/
iii) via the Intelligentgolf App.
You will need to download the App and log in. To log in you will need to confirm your Date of Birth and Postcode. If the club does not have a record of either of these you will not be able to log in until this information has been updated.
Ryde House Road Housing Development.
At present there will be no changes to the layout of the golf course.