The Golf Committee would like to address the issue of slow play on the course. There are requirements in the Rules of Golf e.g maximum 40 seconds to address and play a shot, 3 minutes to look for a lost ball. However, the committee would like members to suggest practices that are known to improve the pace of play e.g
• Place your trolley nearer the ball
• Have conversations whilst walking
If you have been held up, please consider what that group in front could do to play at a better pace. If you have practical suggestions, give them to the Office, marked FAO Golf Committee.
• Christmas party – Saturday 4th December from 7pm cost £7 a head. Names to be given beforehand as numbers are limited
• Ladies AGM on Monday 29th November at 7pm
• Club AGM on Monday 6th December at 7pm
• Christmas draw – Saturday 18th December from 7.30. There will be a short quiz before the draw. Tickets are on sale now and first prize as usual will be free subscription for 2022. Again you need to sign up
• Captains’ drive in on Sunday 9th January. For newer members, and weather permitting, there will be a golf competition in the morning with the putt out and drive in at about 1pm
The April 2020 to March 2021 Accounts can now be found on the Website in the Members area. You will notice that we have recorded a £59k in year profit but that is wholly due to the Govt Grant, furlough money and no business rates and these are all one-off benefits. We still owed Members £50k at the end of March 21.
A summary of some of the Key Financials will be explained at the AGM but if you have any question’s please contact Steve or Maurice.
Does anybody know a roofer as we need someone to assess water damage in a number of places on the clubhouse roof ?.