RYDE GOLF CLUB MANAGEMENT MEETING MINUTES
Monday 5th June 2023
6.30 pm Clubhouse
Present: D Hardiman, S Tutt, L Cawley, T McInnes, T Ball, D Baxter, S Harrison
Apologies: R Green C McInnes, M Briggs
Steve Tutt resigned as Finance Director, Steve Pennycook was co-opted in
Approval of minutes of last meeting: Signed by the Chair
Discussion about what token membership constitutes. A list of criteria to be agreed.
Discussion about what we should do before the tee is moved in September.
TMc suggested changing the angle of the tee short in the meantime. He will discuss the work needed with the greenkeeping staff. ECM agreed that change is necessary as we have a duty of care to the public.
DB to investigate County Card app Richard Arnold to be contacted
New water butt has draining facility and different rate to tap water
New safe in the office
Very big thanks you to S Tutt for his work during his time as Finance Director. He and Maurice have brought the club to a much healthier position during his time in office.
Thanks to Duncan for his help in the ladies changing room and the kitchen door.
Thanks to Calum for his work on the New Members’ Handbook.
Possible date for a New Members’ Evening. S Tutt to liaise with other vice captains and C Mc.
Issue with trollies being left in the Men’s Locker Room, notice to go out to members. Anyone having an issue lifting their trolley higher to be given an alternative option.
Finance Report 5th June 2023
- The Bank balance as at 1st June is £65k
- Members Loans update – 12k not now paid back in Mar 2023, £18k in 23/24
budgeted to pay back, leaving £18k to pay back 24/25.
- 22/23 Accounts in progress
- Membership numbers – net 20 down – (Left 50, New 30)
- Bar & amp; Food Price Increase 6% from 1st June
- 23/24 Draft Budget to be reviewed; agreed, currently £5k loss (includes re- investment in Bar & Catering £10k)
OTHER FINANCE AGENDA ITEMS
- Andy Butler renewal / additional scope & amp; green staffing levels agreed
- Insurance agreed Water tank and Buggy fixes, Invoices to be submitted to
- Office Safe replaced £400
- Token membership – rules etc to be discussed
- Car spaces to be raffled at Captains Day 10th June
- Hole in One proposal for insurance agreed and will be added to the fees.
Budget Plan Agreed
Busy time out on the course now with the grass growing constantly. The team are keeping up with it well along with our contractors.
Our new water tank is in place and the sprinkler system is up and running which is a relief with little rain forecast over the next few weeks. We have a new truck in order and is being delivered mid-June which will save time for the team in the mornings especially. All machinery is sharp, and we have fixed our problem with the rough cutter. The cutting should slow down now, and we will be hand watering and moving on to hedge trimming and other once a year jobs that are required. Doug and Arran would like to thank the ladies’ section for their donation from the Ladies Open day they really appreciate it.
- Any issues contained in other reports.
Health & Safety:
- One safety incident, Tom sorted.
- Still seeing people speeding in the car park. I have spoken to two cars last week.
- Environmental plan complete, now needs approval and actioning. There will be some costs involved in this.
- Environmental issue outside kitchen back door needs addressed, to be discussed.
- Locker room movement, to be discussed.
- I will be carrying out a full safety review during June, with a report to be provided at the next meeting.
- Fire door to kitchen. To be discussed.
Arran agreed to redundancy package offered and will be taken on in a new role as groundsman.
Advertising for bar/catering staff produced 3 applicants, trials being arranged.
Letter from Julia Fauvell requesting that we review the decision to rest the bridge evenings over the summer.
It was agreed that bridge would close until at least September.
Email from Lee Dixon about Dress Code.
Discussion was held. Suggestion would be to request that the next time they dress appropriately. T Mc suggested getting stock in to sell.
Decision to contact visitors to remind them, no jeans and t shirts
38 new members since April 1st.
50 members left
First Aid box not fully stocked.
A McInnes to do monthly check
DH – Reminder that accidents should be recorded in the accident book
Next Meeting Mon July 17th